the notebook by nicholas sparks

Written by Darlyn At Sunday, December 26, 2010
Title: The Notebook
Author: Nicholas Sparks
Pages: 224
Rating: 3.5/5
Source: Borrowed

Summary (Shelfari):

Set amid the austere beauty of coastal North Carolina in 1946, The Notebook begins with the story of Noah Calhoun, a rural Southerner returned home from World War II. Noah, thirty-one, is restoring a plantation home to its former glory, and he is haunted by images of the beautiful girl he met fourteen years earlier, a girl he loved like no other. Unable to find her, yet unwilling to forget the summer they spent together, Noah is content to live with only memories, until she unexpectedly returns to his town to see him once again. Allie Nelson, twenty-nine, is now engaged to another man, but realizes that the original passion she felt for Noah has not dimmed with the passage of time. Still, the obstacles that once ended their previous relationship remain, and the gulf between their worlds is too vast to ignore. With her impending marriage only weeks away, Allie is forced to confront her hopes and dreams for the future, a future that only she can shape.

My Thought:

I just can't ignore that I like the book even though it's quite predictable and yes, cheesy. It has a very simple plot line which we can easily find it in most romance novels. However, what I like most is character's passion of devoting his love to someone he loves dearly. Noah and Allie are great character, their relation holds the chemistry and I'm easily connected to them. I've read the book after I watched the movie, and normally, I always love books better than movies. However, this one doesn't work that way. The movie was absolutely growing on me and everything was portrayed better compared to the book. I was hoping the book would be that great like the movie. Although, there's some moments that are very thoughtful and quite sad which both of the book and movie share together. Whenever I think of Noah and Allie, I think of how tight their chemistry bonds, even it reached the worst part when Allie was diagnosed with Alzheimer. It's heart-torturing and feel so sad to know that Noah never give up to read her a story of them. I can't imagine how that feel. Overall, it was good story. But, just a little warning, it is better if you read the book first then watch the movie. Or maybe, only watch the movie. So far, I think everyone have watched the movie!

8 comments:

  1. Haven't read the book yet but already watched the movie. I also love both Noah and Allie and their relationship was amazing...!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was the first book that I read by Sparks. I think that it sets the level so high that I think none other books by him (Ones that I've read, that is) can really can really challenged it! Have also watched the movie and it was REALLY good. Guess that you'll have to hunt The Wedding after this since it is sort of the sequel of this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my problem, i watched the notebook and ever since then i have put of reading the book, Ryan and Rachel have stuck as Aly and Noah ever since that i think personally it would be hard for me to read the book and see them envisioned differently, i know that i will have to read it eventually, i am just slightly nervous about it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The movie is an all time favourite, just beautiful. I considered reading it but didn't bother since I adored the movie which I agree is unusal.

    Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm one of those who has been meaning to read the book before watching this movie. thanks for emphasizing the book first. i've been seeing such good review for the movie i was going to watch it first. until now...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never read the book but have watched the movie countless times. Maybe I will decide to pick this up one day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice review! I don't thinkI have seen the movie, but I've heard it's great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! XOXO ;p

 

Once A Bookworm Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review