i heart new york by lindsey kelk

Written by Darlyn At Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Title: I Heart New York
Author: Lindsey Kelk
Pages: 305
Rating: 3.5/5
Source: Borrowed from Poo

Summary (Goodreads):

When Angela catches her boyfriend with another woman at her best friend's wedding, she's heartbroken and desperate to run away. With little more than a crumpled bridesmaid dress, a pair of Louboutins, and her passport in hand, Angela decides to jump on a plane for - NYC! Settling into a cute hotel and quickly bonding with benevolent concierge Jenny—a chatterbox Oprah wannabe with room for a new best friend—Angela heads out for a New York makeover, some serious retail therapy, and a whirlwind tour of the city. Before she knows it, she's dating two sexy guys and blogging about her Big Apple escapades for a real fashion magazine. But while it's one thing telling readers about your romantic dilemmas, it's another working them out for yourself. Angela has fallen head over heels for the city that never sleeps, but does she heart New York more than home?

My Say:

I never read chic lit much, but sometimes, I do corner my direction of reading to something lighter and quick. Reading I Heart New York is a very great choice when you want something light, quick and funny. Let us meet Angela, a naive, sweet and indecisive woman. What happened to her could happen to anyone on earth nevertheless it sounds quite unreal when she started her journey to New York. Maybe I think it's illogical, but proves me wrong if; 1) I runaway as far as to another continent (not a country!), 2) I get a best friend who is very a stranger to you that would do anything to cheer you up in a whim in less than 24 hours, 3) I can date two hot guys at a time! For me, it sounds like that is NOT what a normal/wise people would do. But who knows, maybe there's actually someone did that when they've been cheated by their boyfriend.

All in all, I'm not saying that I dislike it, I do like it because it brings out the impossibilities that I've reasoned. I wish I can be like her; not to get dumped of course but to have all the fun she experienced. And all those shoes! It's actually a good book to enjoy and I think I will her other two books in the series as well, but not so soon.

2 comments:

  1. Unrealistic but seems like some good fluffy fun! thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love chick lit. It's always my go to when I don't want to cry (well... yknow, some of them). I definitely need something light and fun right now, haha. Thank you for this review - it sounds like a cute book. :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! XOXO ;p

 

Once A Bookworm Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review