the lake house by james patterson

Written by Darlyn At Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Title: The Lake House
Author: James Patterson
Pages: 350
Rating: 4/5
Source: Owned

Summary (Goodreads):


Six extraordinary children are trying to lead normal lives in the Rocky Mountain countryside. They live in different homes, with different families, but there is something powerful that connects them. Something that puts them in terrible danger. The only time they've ever felt safe was when they were together in the waterfront cabin they call the Lake House. And the only people they've ever trusted are Frannie and Kit, the couple who rescued them from unimaginable evil once before. When that evil resurfaces, the kids reconnect with Frannie and Kit and set off on an astonishing adventure. They flee to the Lake House, but even that haven may no longer be safe. Dr. Ethan Kane is chief of surgery at Liberty General Hospital, one of the most esteemed hospitals in the nation. It is here that terrible secrets lie, secrets that will change the world for all of us.

My Say:

I never know the book was actually the sequel of When the Wind Blows and a prequel of Maximum Ride Series until I read about it somewhere early this year. I love the series so much and gave a little effort hunting this book in a used bookshop, hoping that I will know a little bit more on the series of how it started. It was a very quick read, plus it's a page turner with short chapters. Although with quite a lot of characters, I don't easily lost track because each character have their own individual character. I really adore these extraordinary kids especially Max. Her leadership brings them safety and she really did her best to protect others. Talking about how science can be that evil and makes human lost the humanity to manipulate others, especially kids! There's a lot of actions and I think it's very cool when it involved flying kids doing it. The story developed really fast from the start and sometimes it's kind of little confusing, but I can assured you that you might enjoy it once you finished reading it.

8 comments:

  1. I have had the 1st in the series since last year, I really need to read it. I enjoy JamesP but unsure of this one.

    Sounds like an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmm I've only read James Patterson's Witch & Wizard, and I hated it, so that kind of turned me off his writing. Perhaps I'll give this a go though...excellent review, Darlyn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Maximum Ride series--I did not know that this was a prequel to it, or that Where the Wind Blows was a prequel, either. Thanks for this review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not know this book was part of a series! Wow - interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I didn't know either. I like the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I REALLY want to read this series. Thanks for the great review!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed this book and read it after I began the Maximum Ride books. Although I will say I like the YA novels best. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is probably my least favorite Patterson series - I'm not a big fantasy reader, so the flying kids didn't work for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! XOXO ;p

 

Once A Bookworm Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review