message in a bottle by nicholas sparks

Written by Darlyn At Sunday, December 19, 2010
Title: Message in A Bottle
Author: Nicholas Sparks
Pages: 368
Rating: 4/5
Source: Borrowed from Syiamala

Summary (Goodreads):


Message in a Bottle launches a remarkable woman on a mysterious voyage of self-discovery and renewal when she finds a deeply-felt love letter hidden in a bottle, a letter that reawakens her belief that star-crossed lovers will find each other across time and space.
Thrown to the waves and to fate, the bottle could have ended up anywhere. But it found its way to Theresa Osborne, divorced and the mother of a twelve-year-old son. The letter inside is signed "Garrett", and is an expression of his love for a woman he has lost. Challenged by the mystery, Theresa searches for Garrett, and takes the reader along on a hunt about love.

My Say:

Another remarkable story from Nicholas Sparks. I wont drag too long to tell you how story goes because if you are familiar with his writing style the I guess you already now what to expect from him. Even though with the same style of writing and expectations, I love it as much as I hate the ending. Sigh. Although I really think that it is actually the best to the readers to know that every how hard the outcome ends, it means for a new great beginning. So that we learn how to overcome such a hard situation or experience in real life.

However, the plot line of the story is another gem. I felt very intrigued with the messages in bottles. It's a mystery and I wonder if I ever have the courage to solve the mystery as well as become a part of it. It's very sensational story, heart-gripping and of course a tearjerker. I wish it will end differently but it is almost impossible in any of Sparks' books. Nevertheless, I will never get tired of his books and I've read another book of his too in a week!

6 comments:

  1. agreed with you Darlyn!! Nicholas Sparks books are remarkable. I read two books from him so far, the choice and the wedding and I loved both of them. Dear John's waiting on my shelf and this Message in the bottle really catches my attention. Thanks for the review.... I miss you. It has been so long you don't come to my blog..haha!! LOL....

    I'm bz with my thesis this semester. Did experiments for 2, 3 days but failed to get result!!Need to repeat all over again...duh. haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this sounds like something I need!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I read this years ago and really liked it :) Great review :)

    So glad to have you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm well, I've read this one and four other of his books and honestly I find them all quite similar. However I can't deny that once you start one, you are HOOKED but I'd much rather read a thriller or re-read Pride and Prejudice.
    kiss to ya!
    Lula

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of the first book by Sparks that I've read. I've to admit that it has a certain charm in it and for some reason I did love the way the story ends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great review! I've never read anything by Sparks, but I own one of his books. Start to think that I will have to read that one soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! XOXO ;p

 

Once A Bookworm Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review