pride and prejudice by jane austen

Written by Darlyn At Saturday, July 03, 2010
Title: Pride and Prejudice
Author: Jane Austen
Pages: 320
Rating: 5/5

Summary (Goodreads):

Pride and Prejudice—Austen's own 'darling child'—tells the story of fiercely independent Elizabeth Bennet, one of five sisters who must marry rich, as she confounds the arrogant, wealthy Mr. Darcy. What ensues is one of the most delightful and engrossingly readable courtships known to literature, written by a precocious Austen when she was just twenty-one years old. Humorous and profound, and filled with highly entertaining dialogue, this witty comedy of manners dips and turns through drawing-rooms and plots to reach an immensely satisfying finale.

My Thought:

This book would the best of Jane Austen book so far! Although Elizabeth character is quite annoying and really irritating, I found her a very confident woman at her time, very bold, bright, proud and always speaks her mind. She has a perfect mix of flaws that drives Darcy crazy and at the same time time, she has a lot of good qualities. And Darcy, even though he's portrayed as a handsome man, I find him rather arrogant and quite cold. So to speak *Pride and Prejudice*.

When pride is everything, prejudice will lead the mind. The bantering between Elizabeth and Darcy is quite charming as they made a progression on understanding each other or perhaps lead to their misunderstandings. Pride and Prejudice is very enjoyable, and quite a page turner as I keep loving the bold quarrel between Darcy and Elizabeth. Ooh I love when they had the harsh conversations. I just drawn into the book and I have to admit this book is really one of the greats.

8 comments:

  1. Pride and Prejudice is one of my all-time favorite books. I reread it back in January and just watched the movie of it yesterday with my 12 year old niece, who also loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I not red this book, I do so love the BBC production of the story. One of these days I will read it Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what I loved in Emma. She's amazing at tension and dialogue. Great review.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that you loved this book. It's one of my favourites and I can reread it over and over again. Mr.Darcy is annoying, but he's totally charming too! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, a classic indeed. and the conversations are the best! i'll the modern look of this cover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's also one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! XOXO ;p

 

Once A Bookworm Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review