the ghost by danielle steel

Written by Darlyn At Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Title: The Ghost
Author: Danielle Steel
Pages: 444
Rating: 5/5

Summary (Amazon):

Architect Charles Waterston has a job he loves, a charming and beautiful wife, and an idyllic life in London. But when everything comes crashing down around him--his wife leaving him for another man and his sudden transfer back to the New York home office--Charles takes a well-deserved ski vacation in Vermont. When an unexpected snowstorm strands Charles in a small town, he takes refuge in a small bed-and-breakfast. The proprietor, an elderly widow, also owns a family home in the woods, which Charles decides to rent. Soon after moving in, Charles senses a ghostly presence. While investigating in the attic one day, Charles discovers the diary of Sarah Ferguson, who left her abusive husband in England for a better life in the New World. Charles soon finds himself drawn to Sarah, and he even visits the local historical society in an attempt to learn more about her. There he meets lovely, timid Francesca Vironnet, the historical society curator and librarian, who has fled France with her young daughter. Through Sarah's journals and Francesca's kindness, Charles is able to heal his heart and learn to love again.

My Thought:

It's a heartfelt story that I just couldn't resist. I just finished this book and I loved it. It is a very good story and I loved reading about Francois and Sarah. Their story is so heartwarming and inspiring. As Charlie said while reading the journals, Sarah and Francois life experience almost feel real to me. Although I kind of hoping that Sarah is really a ghost that physically communicating with Charlie instead she just wanders around and makes only one time appearance to Charlie, and never speak to him. However, as the story goes on, Sarah is actually giving Charlie some hints to her journals. Although the story is predictable, I grow fond of it and it almost makes me cry bucket to learn Sarah's adventures and misfortunes.

It is a very simple story, an easy read, a page turner and almost a heart-wrecking read. Other than Charlie finally learns that he has to move on with his life and cherishes people around you, I too has learn quite a great deal by reading the book as a little motivation to move on forward. As always, Steel's stories really get me hooked up and love.

9 comments:

  1. Aw, it sounds like you really liked this book! That's good to hear. I love how it's so touching and heartfelt. I should read it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really my kind of book but I am glad you enjoyed it. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review, Darlyn. Daniel Steel is a great author, or so I heard. I never tried any novels by this author and I should one day. I keep hearing really good things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome review, darlyn! i'm glad you liked this one :) I haven't read anything by danielle steel yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read a D. Steele book in forever but she is a fantastic storyteller! I am glad you enjoyed the book :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooooooooo you've totally sold me. I'm adding this one to my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've never read a danielle steele book. they're just too sad for me. this isn't my kind of book but i'm glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Danielle Steele's book always have that effect on people. It's been long time since I read the last book by her. Thanks for the review, Darlyn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been YEARS since I read my last Danielle Steele, and just few months back my roommate brought this one from the library...I snatched it from her, but sadly, I didn't have time to finish it. Now I'll need to give it a secong chance. Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! XOXO ;p

 

Once A Bookworm Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review