recommend me #5

Written by Darlyn At Friday, March 05, 2010
Kate at the The Neverending Shelf is hosting this fun weekly meme Recommend Me where you recommend a book, old or new, that you really enjoyed.

To play along, grab a favorite read and tell us about it. You can include your thoughts about the novel, its summary, your favorite memory related to the novel.

I've been thinking of what should I recommend for this week. so many books but I just don't know which one is good at least. But last night, I saw a trailer of Johnny Depp in Alice in Wonderland, which remind me he acted as Capt. Jack Sparrow in Pirate of Carribeans.

What I'm trying to say is that, there's a book which I really adored when I was a kid, and I like to read it thousands of time; The Treasure Island. It's a hardcover and have very beautiful pictures, graphics and it was the one I sneaked out from my aunt's house. Ooopss! But yeah, I made one horrible mistake. Only a few month later I told her that I took the book. I was so glad she don't even scold me! *LOL* Instead, she gave me the book and asked me to take care of it. I was 10 and of course I was super delighted and read it almost everyday! Actually, I just looking at the pictures, and read a few words I knew, because at that time I don't really know to read English. Only a few familiar words, dictionary at another hand, and always keep referring to it.

The Summary (Goodreads):

Title: Treasure Island
Author: Robert Louis Stevenson

The story grew out of a map that led to imaginary treasure, devised during a holiday in Scotland by Stevenson and his nephew. The tale is told by an adventurous boy, Jim Hawkins, who gets hold of treasure map and sets off with an adult crew in search of the buried treasure. Among the crew, however, is the treacherous Long John Silver who is determined to keep the treasure for himself. Stevenson's first full-length work of fiction brought him immediate fame and continues to captivate readers of all ages.

Jim Hawkins is such an adorable and courageous. I think of him as a cute boy whenever I read the book. Have you ever read Treasure Island?

7 comments:

  1. I am a new follower from Friday Follow.
    I like your blog! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read Treasure Island but I plan to one day soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I haven't read it either but it's one of those books that you have to read in your life time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Treasure Island, what a great book! It definitely brings back memories of sitting in the backyard with glasses of lemonade on summer afternoons with piles of books. I think I read Treasure Island the summer between 7th and 8th grades. I haven't read it since then, so it might be time for a reread.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm here from Friday Follow. I have yet to read Treasure Island, but have been meaning to for so long. What a great story about your book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great pick! Treasure Island is definitely a classic and one I think a lot of readers really grab hold of. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to read it in high school, and unfortunately, I never liked books I had to read for school. I bet I would have liked it if I had found it on my own, like you did. I should give it another try sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! XOXO ;p

 

Once A Bookworm Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review