marrow by tiffanie darke

Written by Darlyn At Tuesday, May 04, 2010
Title: Marrow
Author:
Tiffanie Darke
Pages:
428
Rating:
1.5/5

Synopsis (Amazon):

In the steamy kitchens of the restaurant world, the lore of the macho chef invariably holds sway, and there are few chefs more overbearing and arrogant than Seamus Bull. Then Genevieve arrives to rake up the past and turn his life upside-down.

My Thought:

I don't really know why I picked up this book to read in the first place. I bought from a used book bookstore. Maybe I thought it has some chef thingy and culinary stuff then it would be great since I haven't read any of like this. I was hoping something cool but it never appears.

Sadly, the book didn't really hooked me up. I read it till the last page because I can't give up reading a book. The plot is shaky which the destination of the storyline is lost and I can't think of a good reason why the book is poorly comprehended.

Seamus is a jerk, yes. Genevieve wants a bit like revenge to Seamus but she can't because she keep falling to Seamus. However, when Genevieve thinks she can't love Seamus in the end, Darke makes a dreadful closure. I must say, it was out of no where, and suddenly Genevieve fall for someone else from Marrow and left Seamus just like that, by explaining like a quarter of page phone call conversation. Dreadful.

I don't think I would ever read it or recommend it. But, maybe you will like it better than I am. The only thing that I love the book, well, maybe the recipes before new chapter begins. Found myself some delicious recipes though =)

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the honest review. Looks like I will pass on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw the title I thought this would be a horror novel. I guess that's just how my brain works. Then, if we're talking about food, I love to eat well-cooked bones. I mean, used to eat pork bones before I eliminated pork from my diet.

    I guess I'll also pass on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the honest review!!! The cover sure is interesting, maybe that's what drew you in in the first place!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad about this one. The summary sounds like it might be interesting. Thanks for being honest!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! XOXO ;p

 

Once A Bookworm Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review