dead of wynter by spencer seidel (arc)

Written by Darlyn At Saturday, May 14, 2011
Title: Dead of Wynter
Author: Spencer Seidel
Pages: 272
Series: Stand alone
Published: May 1st, 2011
Rating: 4/5
Buy at: Amazon | IndieBound | Barnes & Noble

Summary (Goodreads):

“Dolly, it’s your mother.” Dolly. Jackie Ruth Wynter had called Alice that for years. The conversation that followed led her right back to the place she had run from for years. Her twin brother, younger by just a minute or so, had been fading, transforming into an image of their drunken, narrow-eyed father. Now her father was dead, and her brother, Chris, missing. Alice resigns herself to return, helping her mother and the local police with the mystery surrounding the crime. But there are some family secrets her mother would sooner take to the grave than reveal. Reacquainting with her past brings fresh pain and new friendships as she struggles with who to trust with the details of her father’s murder and brother’s disappearance. As the authorities come closer to solving the mystery of the men in her family, she begins to realize her past life as Alice Wynter is the missing part of the puzzle.

My Two Cents:

I'm glad to get an ARC of the book. It's a debut from new author, Spencer Seidel and this book is a keeper. I totally love a family secret and when the gave a full details and dig in into the secret, it's a wow. This book is something that I'm looking for. A book that is a book that you can't put down, totally absorbed as it makes you to keep reading and find what will happen in the end. The story has a mix between the present and the past but it easily to keep it on your reading track. I love the elements of mysteries, secrets that being kept tightly for years. What is very interesting for me about the story is that it's about family secret, being haunted with guilt and chasing them back causing murders. I was intrigued with the mystery till the end, with a shocking conclusion. I love the writing style with the author succeeded to portray each characters with a realistic feelings, but a few of characters are kind of off to me. All in all, the book is a very great mystery debut from Spencer Seidel. I personally think he's very talented, and he has a little bit writing style like Neil Gaiman, the kind of chilly and creepy. As that being said, I recommend this book to all mystery lovers and looking forward to read his next work.

Disclaimer: I received this review copy from publicist Meryl L. Moss Media Relations, Inc. for an exchange of a review. These are my honest review and receiving a copy in no way will ever reflected my review.

1 comment:

  1. I always find family secrets intriguing and this one sounds quite good! Thanks for the review, Darlyn!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! XOXO ;p

 

Once A Bookworm Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review